So, you can see where this is leading can't you?
Today started great. Ruby arrived and the girls went on the Moshimonsters site for a few minutes before I stopped that as Chloe had wanted to make pasta with Rubes today and Rubes wanted to Fimo something for her mum as a present. I'm well aware how time can vaporise around here.
They got on with the pasta making. C took charge and was very good at it though a bit on the lecturey side. Rubes took in very good grace, just calling her Miss Chloe as if C were a teacher ;-).





Unfortunately the pasta was too thick I think. We played about with times to cook but overall it wasn't a success. However, the girls did enjoy having free rein of the contents of the fridge. Clo did Parmesan, ham and red pepper filling with fresh coriander, Rubes chose Feta, ham and yellow pepper filling with fresh parsley. They enjoyed chopping it up and then whizzing it all together in the food processor too. I was constantly on the go. Not my usual day off when Ruby comes round as I needed to stay in the kitchen with them, cleaning and just supervising from a distance. I occupied myself cleaning the dishdrawer, even cleaning all the crud out from the rotating arm thingy.
I cooked lunch in between all this and we ate in the dining room as the kitchen was lacking spare surface to eat from. Then they went back to it. After cooking a few pieces (and agreeing it was not the most successful pasta ever made (but how many times have they attempted before? None other than once for C the day before!)), they resumed Fimo modelling before we had to leave. Got a bit stressful as getting girls out and with everything they needed was difficult. Dropped R off okay, got C to tennis just in time and I started a new book. I am reading "Who Runs Britain?" by Robert Preston but that has proved to be a bit depressing so I've also started a fiction book from the Scout sale yesterday, "Notes from an exhibition" by Patrick Gale.
C did her 1:1 then started My Story My Tudor Queen a fictional diary about Eva De Puebla who was lady in waiting to Princess Catherine of Aragon, before Club Night. She did half an hour of Club Night before the heavens opened and they came inside. When they come inside, they merge all the groups and C doesn't like that so we came home.
A guitar practice whilst I vacuumed hall and kitchen floors before taking her and Megan to Badgers, popping into a corner shop to see if they'd got Patak's Biryani Paste in (they said they'd order it for me), to find Pataks seem to be discontinuing (?!) and he'd tried Sharwoods but they'd send Bhana or Bhuna instead so he's ordered a powder from Natco (or something like). It's a spate of things being discontinued for us at the moment :-(.
Then collected M from the station and had half an hour at home before needing to head out and colelct girls from Badgers.
Marcus cooked dinner - the pasta C&M made last night:

It was no more successful than the pasta the girls had made earlier. Which was a shame (and made M very grumpy about it) but also meant the girls hadn't done anything wrong today. I think the pasta needed to be rolled out much flatter.
They then had a quick guitar practice whilst I cleaned up the kitchen again. D'you know the worst thing about guitar? The blummin picks. She can never find one she likes easily and when playing (alternating between pick use and finger use) she loses them.
7 comments:
Shame about the pasta, but looks good and like they had fun anyway :D About the pics - has she tried 'sharkfin' ones. That's what I always use. I like the red one, but it depends how hard you like it :D Just google sharkfin plectrum - easy to find :D
Will they/C be trying to do pasta again?
Hate discontinuations of old faithful type products.
lol, Fran has read that book and the 2 My Story sequels, on the way to and from the competition today. You are welcome to borrow the others if you don't have them (Bloody Tower and To Kill a Queen, i think).
The M&S biryani paste is a good sub :0
Did you use a machine to make the pasta? We have one you can have if not, in case that makes 'better' pasta. Dave would love it if I found it a good home as we've never used it but it was a present for him from my Mum and she'll only want us to pass it on to someone who actually wants it!
homemade pasta is something that seems hard to get right to start with, from my experience of eating others attempts. Certainly getting it rolled out thin enough seesm to be important.
gine, if T41 doesn't want the machine we'll happily take it off your hands, always fancy having a play with one.
Thank you Caroline - have googled. Will check with C and maybe make a trip to the guitar shop this afternoon.
a - yes they will :-).
Merry - the Bloody Tower and Anne Bolyn and Me are also in the boxed (Book People?) set we have. Never seen any of the other books in the My Story range offered economically.
Helen - thanks. We will be in town this pm (library/cleaners/guitar shop/chemist for glycerine) so will pop into M&S too :-)
Gina - yes please! Though I feel I should point out that they make excellent Fimo craft gadgets . . .
Daddybean - the recipe said 3mm but think the girls found hard to measure as of course thinner at the edge than the middle. Then when makingthe dhapes you get a number of layers in one place which makes it excessively thick.
Post a Comment