Children in need of rescuing from Ed Balls more like.
C was to have spent the day with Ruby but as Ruby is flu ridden - another swine flu victim or is it just regular flu? You don't hear of people having the flu any more - it's automatically the swine variety. As the other flu variants have not just gone away, I'm unconvinced the swine flu prevalence is as widespread as word on the street would have me to believe. Apparently half our village school is off with swine flu.
So C read another Heartlands book. She's racing through them and finding them very exciting but interestingly is recommending I dont read them. So she's at least discerning enough to recognise pulp fiction that I will consider not worth spending the time reading.
She did a page from each of hte Nezert maths books.
She was pleased to get her pack for becoming a member of the Young Zoologists Club. Stationery pack and stickers as well as the usual sort of bumpf.
She also did an excellent guitar practice with Marcus and the boiler was serviced, C and I had to leave to get to tennis. She was worked very hard in her 1:1 and then no one else at her level turned up for Club Night so she benefitted from another hour 1:1.
Over to Trish's for tea and biscuits (collecting more signatures, they're likeminded, though school their children as that is what's right for them but appreciate one size does not fit all and are very supportive. This was great as I don't feel defensive or start overcompensating saying how brilliant schools are - it's just acceptance on each side). Then home for dinner.
I have a feeling I've forgotten quite a bit . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment