I don't know what to say.
I read the rather excellent Grit's Day.
Then I spent over an hour reading through many of the submissions at the House of Commons Session 2008-09 Publications on the internet. Children, Schools and Families Committee Publications CONTENTS: Elective Home Education
I am totally overwhelmed by all the effort put in by so many people, people I've never and am not likely to meet, from home educated children to their parents, home educators groups to Local Authority Advisors such as Mary Mullet at Milton Keynes, from esteemed Professors to other organisations with an interest. Read through the submissions and you find such an array of intelligent, robust reasons why so many people are opposed to the way the review was conducted and recommendations put together.
I don't know what to say, I just quietly cry.
In addition to Paula Rothermal, here are my some others I particularly liked:
Dr Gavin Jordan
Hertfordshire Home Education Group
Dr Alan Thomas and Harriet Pattison
Prof. James C Conroy, Dean: Faculty of Education, University of Glasgow
Kirsty Alexander
Adding a teacher's response: Mr Keir Watson, Secondary School Teacher.
I could go on but dinner calls.
I will shortly move on from emotional to fury in that people seem able to make unsubstantiated statements in fundamentally flawed reviews that get accepted in full and without question by Govt ministers, that would significantly and negatively affect our way of life.
Thursday, 5 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I liked the one by Keir Watson as well.
Oh yes!!
Post a Comment